Wednesday, October 9, 2013

September 26 - 29, 2013 - We're not in Kansas anymore!

Last scenes of Kansas...

   I know what this is now!




No clue about this!


                 Hey kids!  Remember the Gravitron?! 




                 We will, we will!



                Again...no clue!  Lol.
Wild storm in Lamar while we were "camped" at a Walmart!

Had to take pics of the glass insulators...my dear Aunt Darcie collected antiques and she had some of these.  I remember being so thrilled when I found (and bought) one at a garage sale...same beautiful sea green color...



                                          End of ride for the day...

Our first views of the Rockies...


Love the colors at sunset...


Rural Colorado...


Looks like cowboy country to me!








Zoomed in...



Getting closer!  In Pueblo area now!



Yeah, Greg had to share the road with a tarantula (the size of his palm)...


...and these thorny beastie plants called goat heads that shoot off seeds that punctured his tire! 


Heading north to Boulder tomorrow to see my daughter! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE This!! :) Ps. - The graviton! Oh man, those things made me so sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I thought you loved that ride! Maybe it was your brother who liked it!

      Delete