Saturday, November 2, 2013

October 22 - 24, 2013 - On to Silver City!

Greg's off to the mountains - it will be a 4307 feet ascent today!  I have to go another way...there's an over pass that's only 12 feet high...and that's how tall the RV is!!  So I'm heading southeast to Hatch, west to Deming then northwest to Silver City!



Hatch claims to be the chili pepper capital of the world!  I tend to agree with them - there were tons of restaurants, markets and roadside vendors all selling them!

Interesting little town...


<== Lol, this is looking UP, out the RV window!  






More wind mills!   They are so huge, and tower over the telephone poles!


They're fascinating to me...think it's because they look so spacey (and me being a sci-fi nut!).





              Yup, the fields were that yellow!



              Didn't see the cross 'til now...so cool  
                                                   


Poofy trees!
We were able to stay at an RV Park very close to town...tiny though!  I had to get creative and "wheedle" back and forth to get into the spot!


Next morning... 



Dropped Greg off near the peak...(with the jeep!)

 


 


 




Didn't see any road runners!  Probably too fast! 

My dad and I used to watch Wile E. Coyote & the Road Runner on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.  He'd crack up when all you'd see is a poof of dust at the bottom of the canyon from the coyote's foiled plan!  Still remember the sound of him laughing!  : )



Had to step down to this creek...miss being near water!  
                  Thought, okay, I will take just one rock...saw the color blue...
...and was pleasantly surprised!
 
 




Debris from floods this area had about a month ago...






 
 
This ravine looks close but I zoomed in...it's so far down in the canyon!  Wish I could've gone down there somehow!
This area was absolutely amazing.  These pinnacles of rock just rise up from the valley!

Loved this spot.  Hung out here and had lunch.  It was so peaceful and serene...

Remembered I wanted to go into the town of Silver City, so I headed back down the mountain...slowly...these places are nothing like I've ever seen before - didn't want to miss a thing!





And finally I arrive in downtown Silver City!
 
    To my kids: Ooo look!  A nickel!
Such a colorful place!
 
 

So glad I got to visit this area before moving on...

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! oooooh a nickel! :) Love you mom. Also for the Gila Forest: remember how Scott and I used to always say gila gila monster and ticket each other when we were little? Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw the Gila sign, I remembered how you two got silly with the gila gila thing! Love you too...miss you!

      Delete