Monday, September 16, 2013

September 13th, 2013 - Kansas Oil Museum

Went to the Kansas Oil Museum...great place!  Lots of antiques, history, oil pumps....



What's scary about these toys below, is that my family had one of those kazoo things and I know my brother and I played with tinker toys when we were kids!

                                             And they're on display as antiques?! 
                                                         
                                             (What are they trying to say??)


There was a neat area for kids to play and try on stuff...



The rooster in the middle was a puppet....



                               (love puppets)


















          I like this little one...it could fit in my yard!! 







 


I have to say, the schoolhouse was my favorite building... 










I recall my fourth grade teacher taking us to the park in town and, lol, the entire class climbed onto one of these all at once...
and we went spinning around like a bunch of crazy lunatics...until Michael fell off and got himself stuck underneath!  He was fine, but that was the end of our fun!  
                         The things you remember...






In the front right corner was a piano...
...which I just had to play!!
It was out of tune, except for some of the lower keys, but I still had fun...
                              ...miss my piano


These old books were great to look through...


Besides the fact that this picture looks bizarrely crooked to me, this book is a hoot.  I was hoping the gift shop would carry it.  They don't but the lady said I can probably find it online. 


On the way back, I stopped at this cowboy/gas station place!
                                             The boots were really cool...I may have to get me a pair!

                                                                        Check out the hat Mom! 


Hysterical

                                                                     Another fun day...

2 comments:

  1. Love the old ford trucks !! Can you hook one up for me and bring it back ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! A 34 foot RV plus a 16 foot Jeep...what's another 15-20 feet!! LOL!

      Delete